Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fathers Day 2009

Fathers Day 2009 This year on Fathers Day I kinda screwed up. I honestly didn't forget and had planned all along to have the kids make Geoff some cards the Sat. before, but we got tied up all day so Sunday came and they didn't have anything for Fathers Day to give him. (Remember his 'yearly' gift was the flat screen tv and then I was going to buy him a little gift like a CD, but he wanted the Green Day CD when it came out, so he went and bought it.) Anyway....his feelings were hurt. He thought we forgot about him, so come Monday the kids and I worked for 5 hours on gifts for Daddy. They both made cards, books and craft projects. I then made one of his fav. dinners of a Turkey Roast, he was so happy and said 'see this is all I wanted'. The kids felt great about doing something so special for their DAD! My kids are so lucky to have such a great Daddy in their lives. We LOVE you.
Here's the gifts they made for him. The foot/handprint one he wants me frame and hang in our room.

I stole this idea from a friend of ours, except she wrote "#1 Dad lives here" in the street with sidewalk chalk, but since Geoff was at work all day on 'our Monday' Fathers Day we surprised him with this on the sidewalk.

1 comments:

The Hammond Holler! said...

Hey I was just looking at your past post's and the one with the pictures of your Happy kids is adorable! Brenley looks so happpy!