We had our first annual 4th of July Block Party. Our neighbors (Amber and Scott) organized it and even got permits to close the street off. We started at 4pm with a BBQ and set up tables in the middle of the street for people to put food on to share. We invited my Mom, Mike & Jenn and their daughter Maddi, all together there were about 8 families and kids galore. That night after everything was cleaned up we started fireworks and things wrapped up around 11pm. I hope we can make this a tradition and do it every year, because we had such a great time.
We did our fireworks that night but since we only bought $30 bucks worth we were done very quickly so we enjoyed everyone elses. This was the finale. Scott took approx. 6 of the arial shot cylindars and screwed them onto a wooden board, so when he lit them off they all went at the same time. It was an amazing show. Who needs Fort Vancouvers??
Myself and Geoff after a long but fun day. It was so nice for him to have the day off, I think it was a first. He really enjoyed spending it with family and friends.
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good time! Looks like it turned out just as fun as you expected!!
Very accurate about all the fun we had! I agree I would love to keep this going as a tradition. Maybe next time Scotland can stay and protect his own family instead of the city of Vancouver?! :)Can't wait to do it again!!
Cute pics! Little Brynley is so adorable!
fun times!!! your kids are so cute! wish we could have been there...
Post a Comment