I had painted Kaylyn's bedroom pink over two years ago, but left one wall white with the intention of doing a checker board pattern on it. I was just intimidated to start such a big project, but after talking with a friend who had done it also (thanks for the tips Gena) I was ready to start. My Mom planned on taking Hayden and Kaylyn for Friday night and once I had this idea I asked her to keep them Sat. night also, so I could finish and surprise her for her birthday this week. Step 1- Took me 4 hours to plan out the size of the squares, how many to do and to tape it all up. I ended up doing 14" squares. There's 70 total. I then used the level laser and tape measurer to do the tape.
Step 2- I painted white paint around all of the tape so that if a color was going to bleed thru it would be white. It just makes everything look crisp and clean. Then I mapped out where I wanted each color. I didn't want a pattern I wanted random, just as long as two of the same color weren't touching.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Kaylyn's New Room
Posted by Jenandgeoffrey at 11:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
it looks awesome!
So cute! Good job. Way to be brave!
WOW Jennifer you did a great job! I love the boarders around the squares that looks so classy. Can't wait to walk down the street and see it!?
It looks great!!! I'm so sorry that I never had you over to check out Calvin's room. Or I could have taken another picture of his wall and emailed it to you. But obviously you didn't need it anyway. It turned out so cute!!!
By the looks on her face, the hard work paid off!
Oh, and great step-by-step with the photos. Almost makes me want to do it -- NAH! ;)
Post a Comment