GIRL!!! We had a baby girl Feb. 26th @ 9:42am. Her name is Brynley Ross (Ross after my grandfather) and she weighed at 7lbs 1oz (my other two were 7.2 and 7.3, kinda ironic huh!) and was 18 inches long. She's a tiny one.
I went to the doctors the tuesday before, Feb. 24th for my appointment (see earlier post) and all was looking good. They stripped my membranes and I had contractions all day that day. Then nothing on Wednesday and I was kinda bummed. On Thursday morning I woke up early (4am) with really painful contractions but they were still around 20 mins apart, so I tried to just sleep thru them. When the kids got up at 7:30am and we heard them yelling at each other outside our room, I rolled over and felt a pop. I jumped out of bed, paranoid my water broke, and sure enough as soon as I stood I up, I knew it had. I woke Geoff up and he started calling the moms to have them meet us at the hospital and my contractions were right on top of each other. (I stupidly got in a quick shower.) By the time we got everything ready to go and kids in the car it was 8am and I was dying. There was snow everywhere and the traffic was still pretty bad from rush hour, but we made it to the hospital by about 8:40am. They took me back and was checking me and I was dilated to a 7-8 and my contractions were less than 2 mins apart. The nurse couldn't feel the head as she was checking me and asked her manager to come check and they weren't sure if what they were feeling was the umbilical cord or a part of her, so they did an ultrasound and found out she was breech. She had flipped within two days and what they were feeling was her bum.
Before I knew it they had a bunch of doctors and nurses in preping me for a C-section. There wasn't enough time for an epideral, so they had to do a spinal block (which they tell me is better and takes less time to start working.) By the time they finished giving me that I was dilated to a 10 and they started the C-section at 9:38am, she was born 4 mins later and they were stitching me up and finished by 10am. Overall it was a very quick process. My body had gone into such shock I couldn't stop shaking and shivering and the spinal block wore off alot faster than it should have, so I was in a lot of pain. We had to stay for 4 days because of the C-section, but her and I were healthy, expect for my pain. I don't consider myself a whimp, but WOW was that painful and still is. It had to be done, and I have a beautiful baby girl from it, but I would never choose to have a c-section.
Brynley is almost a week old. She suprised us in many ways....#1. Turning breech and having to have a C-section. #2. Being a girl. We were positive we were having a boy! #3. Having a full head of black hair and looking so much like her daddy. She is a wonderful baby and sleeps alot, and we are so blessed to have her join our family for eternity.
We LOVE you Brynley Ross Verbeck!
5 comments:
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!
Yea! Finally new pictures! I only have the picture you sent me on my cell phone. She is darling...Can't wait to hold her. I have to walk over soon, I love holding new born's when you can still smell heaven on them :) Congratulations you guys! And Great job Jennifer!!
Congratulations! She's so pretty. How fun to see the pictures. Hope your owee is better soon.
Wow you guys did good!! She is a QT. She definately looks like a Verbeck:)Get ready to fight off those boys. Congrats. I am glad you guys are safe and sound. You are a trooper. Get well soon
She is so beautiful Jen. I want to hold her again and again. Everything about her is ADORABLE. We will have to come over, when we are all better. Love you guys!
Post a Comment