Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve
















For the last three years Christmas Eve has been spent at our house with our parents and sometimes Geoff's sisters family and Great Grandma. We weren't sure this year with the weather if we were going to be able to keep the tradition up, but we were and we all really enjoyed ourselves. We do finger foods and munchies for dinner and then open our gifts from Geoff's family and the kids open their new Pj's, which every year continues to be a surprise! Then when everyone leaves we make sugar cookies for Santa, write letters to him and read 'The Night Before Christmas' and the story of Christs Birth from the scriptures. I think Christmas eve is my favorite time of year. It's such a wonderful time of family togetherness, traditions and excitement!

1 comments:

jensenfam4 said...

what a great idea. I love christmas eve too. I am excited to start our own traditions, now that the kids are getting older