Santa came to our house! Yes I know these pictures are a little late in being posted, but atleast they're here now. I think this year we (meaning I) over did it. The kids will be very disappointed over the next few years. I always got a good chuckle over that Target commercial with the flat screen tv, when the dad freaks out that Santa shouldn't have done so much. Doesn't Santa realize we're in the middle of a recession?? That was us this year. As I look back and count up how much I spent, it makes me a little sick to my stomach, but thanks to my Scentsy checks I didn't spend anything from our account that I wasn't planning on.

Christmas Morning after Santa came. Santa is smart and wraps each child's gift in a different paper :0)

Here's Santas letter he wrote to the kids with the partial cookie he didn't eat and the carrott that the reindeer munched on.

Brynley really got into the whole tearing paper thing. Although after a few she was pretty tired.

Geoff was so shocked my his PS3! All I heard from about Aug. on was how he wanted a PS3 or XBox 360. (He changed his mind a few times, but luckily once I had purchased it I didn't hear him switch again.) Little did he know I had bought it on such a great deal over in Portland on Halloween day, and had it hidden in Brynleys closet. On Black Friday I ended up getting a few accessories and games on such a great deal, the whole package only ended up costing what the system alone would have, and now we all have a Blu-Ray player too. I had to make sure he opened this gift first, before any of the Blu-Ray DVD's or games.

It's kinda a joke between Geoff and I that he likes to buy one large gift for me at Christmas so he's not going in and out of store shopping, since he has to be at one all season long. It helps if I find the gift at Fred Meyer, so we can use his discount too. This year I didn't really WANT anything. He was getting frusterated and stressed out so I went looking at jewlery. Throughout our 11 married Christmas's he's bought me 3 sets of diamond earings, a birthstone necklace/earing set and an aquamarine ring. I've been a very spoiled girl, but I love nice jewlery and he likes to buy it. So when I found this ring I knew I wanted it, but he was hesitant. It was either this or a Kitchen Aide mixer....I couldn't decide. By Christmas Eve night laying in bed, I knew which one I wanted and which one I was thinking about. Yeah for me, he choose the right one!

Hayden opening his race car that follows the lazer light, up walls, on ceilings also along the floor. It's really cool, it's held on with a vacuum suction. He also got a huge marble maze (that we're still working on assembling, since the instruction book is 70 pages), Indian Jones Legos, a Mario DS game, clothing, and a few movies. We've only had to return one toy this year, because it broke on Christmas night while he was playing with it.

Kaylyn opening her princess cash registar from Great Grandpa. She loves any toy that allows her to play like an adult. Her favorite thing to do is play pretend. She loves her baby dolls, play kitchen and shopping cart, so this was a perfect gift for her. She also got for Christmas a new baby doll, a leapster game, the Hannan Montana movie, some Barbie toys, a toy laptop and clothes. She's never sure what to play next.

This was Brynley's first Christmas so I had to post two pictures. We've never had a baby be this old at Christmas so it was fun to see her reaction to opening gifts. She didn't quite understand why once she got them opened we would take them away and set another in front of her, but she loved to rip the paper. Santa brought her an activity table and this spinning top along with some clothes. She also recieved a move and crawl activity ball, a drum, some books and a shopping cart/high chair cover. A few days later I bought a big pink rubbermaid tote to store all her new toys in, in the corner of the family room. She loves to play with something different everyday.
After Christmas morning was done at our house we headed over to my Aunts for brunch and to see my half of the family. Then back to our house to exchange gifts with my Mom. Around 3pm we left for Geoff's parents house to have dinner with and visit with his family. It was a really hectic day and would you believe I didn't get any pictures of all of that?!?
We hope all of you had a Wonderful Christmas also. Thanks for reading ALL about ours.
1 comments:
Oh my gosh, that last picture of Brynley is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment