Sunday, September 20, 2009

Haydens 7th Birthday Party!

We wanted to have Haydens birthday at a park since the weather has been so nice this summer/early fall. We planned on a different park but when we got there it was so packed we couldn't find a place to park or to sit, so we left and opted for the park a block from our house. It was nice being so close, since I forgot the candles! We BBQ'd Hot Dogs and had potato salad, chips and pop with his cake for dessert.
Hayden picked a Transformers themed 7th Birthday. You'd never know by the cake in the picture. He insisted that I buy him a Costco cake that he picks out, even though usually half goes to waste because of how large they are. I tried to talk him into me making cupcakes or a pie or something, but NO he wanted the cake. So I cut him the piece he wanted, a large center cut with the baseball....he ate that big glop of frosting that was the ball and decided he was done. Everyone else just ate the chocolate mousse filling, so I think starting next year there may be a rule that I either make the cakes or we switch up the dessert.

Our traditional family photo-op in front of the cake with the birthday child. Brynley was sleeping in her stroller. Bummer!

The Baseball cake. I have two tupperware containers left of cake and this with taking a huge piece to some friends!
Hayden opening his Nintendo DS from us, Nana and Papa and Great Grandpa Handy. Because of the cost we had people contribute whatever they wanted to pitch in to off set the price. He had grown out of his Leapster, but it did get almost 4 years of good use. He LOVES it! He got the Legos Star Wars 'the complete saga' game. He also got a gift card for another game and is getting another on his actual birthday tomorrow! What a lucky little boy. WE LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

The Hammond Holler! said...

Happy Birthday to Hayden! And thanks for the extra cake it's so yummy! We'll be eatting it for days!? Love the new look of your blog too.

The Halls said...

It was a great day to celebrate outside! Happy Birthday Hayden :)

The Poe Family said...

Looks like fun- I can't believe he's 7!!!! Happy Birthday Hayden!