Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Conversation with Hayden

I just wanted to post this real quick...it happened a week ago, but I think it's funny enough to document on our blog.

I had just finished dinner and sat down with the kids to eat (Geoff was at work) and Hayden brought up the fact that he wished Dad was home. I said I do to, then he said he wanted to be like Dad. I'll put the rest in conversation format

Jen- Oh yeah, why?
Hayden- I don't know....he's strong and gets to go to work.
J- Trust me Dad wouldn't want to go to work if he didn't have to.
H-Why that's what is so cool. Oh and I'd like a wife.
(After some giggling on my part I answered)
J- You want a wife?
H- Yeah and kids, but only 2
J- Why only 2 kids? We have three in our family.
H- And look how that's going for you!
(After some shock and more laughter....)
J- What do you mean. I think I'm doing okay
H- Really??? Okay. I don't think I could handle it. I want to name them Derek and Axel.
J-What if you have a girl?
H- Then I want to name them Emily and Charity, or if I have a girl and boy Derek and Emily.

Later that night I asked him again, and he said nope only two kids. Anymore than that it gets too crazy. So then I looked and Kaylyn and said....well Hayden's not going to give me many grandkids, how about you Kaylyn. Her response "Only 5. I only want 5 kids!" Why does this not surprise me?

2 comments:

The Hammond Holler! said...

That is hilarious!! Scotland and I are both laughing about that conversation. He is such a funny kid!? :)

The Poe Family said...

That's so cute, I love it!