We finally got the baby's room done on Monday. Geoff and I worked for almost 12 hours. We had to get all the furniture and junk moved out of the room (since it used to be the office), paint the room, then transfer all the furniture from Kaylyns room into it. It's so nice to get it all done. Here's the room being painted. Geoff and I agreed on a seafoam green (since we don't know the gender of the baby), but then after he bought the paint he decided he didn't like the color and it was too girlie. After talking to one of my friends she suggested doing half the green with a light brown that would match the Winnie the Pooh decor. We love the colors together.
It's fun to have the nursery all done and set back up. Kaylyn still insists I rock her everynight before bed, so we now go into the nursery, but she doesn't mind. It's her and my special time, so even though I've tried to just lay her down at night, I don't mind rocking her. We talk about her day and I sing to her and then she's more than happy to go crawl in her bed.
4 comments:
The nursery turned out great. You freaked me out a little by typing "babies" instead of "baby's". I did a double take thinking maybe I had missed something and you were having twins! I bet you're glad that's just a typo, huh?
oh my goodness....I'll be changing that!! Kaylyn does keep asking me "why is there only one, I want two". I can't imagine.
Great Job! I'll have to walk down and see it sometime. It looks very neutral and cozy.
I think the green color is nice. I am a fan of green though. Great job.Not too much longer now:)It is so exciting getting ready for a baby,but lots of work!!
Post a Comment